Articles by: Janine Griffiths

Reducing Chaos In a Mindful World

Reducing Chaos In a Mindful World

We live in a very chaotic world and it appears that it is becoming more demanding and isolating every single day. Depression is increasing and it is set to become the biggest disease burden to mankind by the year 2020. According to a study published in the Indian Journal of Psychological Medicine, depression will affect about 121 million people worldwide,[Read More…]

Glyphosate Roundup Tanks Beyer Stocks and Puts Public at Risk

Glyphosate Roundup Tanks Beyer Stocks and Puts Public at Risk

Glyphosate, the key ingredient found within the Monsanto pesticide product “Roundup” is increasingly finding itself under intense legal and public scrutiny as it continues to be linked to adverse health effects such as Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma (NHL) cancer. In a monumental ruling within a lawsuit levied against Monsanto on March 27th of 2019, a San Francisco jury awarded $80 million in[Read More…]

Surge of Far-Right Nazi Sympathy Causes Ukraine Human Rights Concerns

Surge of Far-Right Nazi Sympathy Causes Ukraine Human Rights Concerns

In February of 2014, Ukraine witnessed its political landscape shift dramatically when a number of riots and protests took place, known as “The Euromaiden Revolution” (or “revolution of Dignity” to some). Limited violence did take place, including unknown shootings, during the overthrow of Russian-friendly Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovich’s stable (if according to some, problematic) leadership. What has filled the void[Read More…]

Brexit Negotions Leave The UK in a State of Limbo

Brexit Negotions Leave The UK in a State of Limbo

In 2016, over 30 million UK citizens voted in a referendum for its sovereign nation to cut ties with the European Union. The turnout was enormous, with a total of 71.8% of the population taking part in the election and producing an outcome of 51.9% in favor of leaving, while 48.1% voted to remain within the EU jurisdiction. The prospects[Read More…]

How history can teach us what to expect from Eugenics

How history can teach us what to expect from Eugenics

When talking about the human genome, probably the least subject that comes to our minds is history. After all, genetics is a state of the art science, and new discoveries can only be possible by using the latest technology available. However, don’t you remember one of the last ‘genetic experiments’ that took place about a century ago and its disastrous[Read More…]